What programming languages does the script use?
Is the calendar limited to show the availability for just one "item"?
No, the script and database can easily handle an unlimited number of "items" (holiday homes, car hire, work availability etc).
New items can be easily added and modified from the admin panel.
What Languages is it available in?
The calendar is designed to handle unlimited languages.
Some have already been translated and are available in the download package.
Does it have an administration panel?
Yes, I have added a complete administration panel to this latest version.
From the admin panel you can:
- Add/modify/delete Items
- Add/modify/delete Languages
- Define unlimited booking states (eg. booked am, special offer etc.)
- ... and of course modify the calendar date states
How is it licensed?
The Ajax Availability Calendar is licensed under the terms of the MIT-License, which means that you are free to use and modify it in every circumstances, but leaving the copyright remarks.
How much does it cost?
This code is Open-Source and can be used as you desire.
I would ask you not remove any references to the source in the source code.
I would also be greatful if you left a link to my page in the actual calendar however this is not a requirement.
Whilst I do not charge for this Calendar Script, any donations would be more than welcome :) (see the link at the bottom of the page).
I really have no idea about ftp's, programming and general web stuff... Can you install it for me?
Quite possibly, yes.
However, for this sort of work I would have to charge a small fee.
Feel free to contact me regarding this and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Can you do some custom work on the calendar to adapt it to my website or aplication?
As with installing the calendar for clients it is quite possible that I would be able to do custom work on the calender.
Please contact me if you are interested in this service so that we can discuss requirements and the cost.
How can I modify the code so as to allow a user to click on a date and add it to a reservation form?
I plan to include a demo of this in the next version of the calendar (no release date yet) however, in the meantime, please take a look at this post in the forum which explains how it can be done with just a few lines of code.
Important - PHP 8
There is an issue with the script in PHP 8 which is causing the calendar to not display properly.
Here is a quick fix for existing versions (no need to update):
In ac-includes > common.inc.php and change line 16 (latest version) from this:
//error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);to this:
This code turns off PHP error reporting just for the calendar script.
I am currently working a completely new version to adapt the code to more modern development techniques.
Follow the project on Github
- Converted into Web Component.
- No images - use modern CSS to show availabililty states.
- Simple CSS.
- Automatically calculates the number of months to show.
- The month days adapt to fill the available space.
- Sinple integration into front-end bookings form.
- Renovated admin panel with:
- Possibility to add basic booking details.
- Interactive customise styling "no code".
- Language translations stored in the database.
- Unlimited users and items.
- Password reminder via email.
Help with installation?The calendar script is very simple to set up on your server. However, if you prefer, I can install the calendar on your server for you.
- Server running PHP
- One Mysql Database. If you don't have one, your hosting provider should be able to create one for you.
If you are interested in this option, don't hesitate to contact me via my contact form. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
* Not included in base price:
- Functionality customization.
- Skin modifications (css & layout).
- Database creation.